Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updater
Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updater is a Windows Command Script or a batch file which uses KLUpdater to update the virus definitions of the Rescue Disk ISO.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 can scan and remove viruses without booting into windows.The main disadvantage of Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 is that it is not updated regularly.
Even when it is updated there is no option to update your existing iso with the changes.You will have to download the entire iso. So if you don’t download the rescue disk regularly, the virus definitions become out of date.
Even though the rescue disk has an option to update the virus definitions from the internet, it is not very useful as the updates are saved only on that particular computer.If you use it on another computer then you will have to download all the updates again.
Kaspersky Rescue Disk Updater fixes the above problems by updating your existing Kaspersky Rescue Disk ISO with the latest virus definitions from the Kaspersky Servers.This helps in keeping your recue disk up date without having to download a lot of files, saving a lot of time and bandwidth.
Changes in the latest version
- Supports updates from Local Kaspersky Folder if you have any Kaspersky Product Installed.
- Newer version of KLUpdater.Supports downloading of diff.Saves lot of bandwidth.
- Removed pauses in script
- Fixed creation of iso
- Two iso files are generated, rescue.iso and rescueusb.iso.This can be used to boot from USB Drives
- Moved project to Github.com
Updating the Kasperksy Rescue Disk
- Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from http://rescuedisk.kaspersky-labs.com/rescuedisk/updatable/kav_rescue_10.iso
- Download the Updater as a zip from http://github.com/bbalegere/Kaspersky-Rescue-Disk-Updater/zipball/master and extract it to directory of your choice.
- Rename kav_rescue_10.iso as rescue.iso and copy it to the above directory
- Run diskupdt.bat
- After the update is done you will see two files -> rescue.iso and rescueusb.iso
- You can either burn rescue.iso to a CD and use it or you can boot it from a USB Drive
Booting the rescue disk from a USB Drive.
You can use the official tool to make your USB Drive bootable with Kasperksy Rescue Disk at http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208286083
Or you can manually make your USB Drive Bootable.
- Format and install grub4dos on your USB Drive using a tool like RMPrepUSB
- Create a folder called rescue and copy rescue.iso and rescueusb.iso into that folder
- Copy liveusb and menu.lst to the root of your USB Drive.
- You can now boot the rescue disk from your USB Drive.
Please post your feedback and suggestions.