JetFlash Online Recovery – Repair your Transcend USB Drives for free
JetFlash Online recovery is a USB Tool Developed by Transcend to repair the JetFlash USB Drives .These USB Drives use the Alcor Chip and the JetFlash Online Recovery is basically a wrapper for the AlcorMP Mass Production tool.This tool requires a internet connection and can fix bad sectors and other formatting errors.It also fixes any damage caused by AlcorMP Mass Production Tool .So if you have changed your JetFlash USB Drive to a fixed drive or if you have created a virtual CD-ROM partition using AlcorMP Mass Production Tool ,then JetFlash Online recovery can bring back your USB Drive to its original state i.e, without CD-ROM Partition etc.
Download from http://www.transcendusa.com/products/online_recovery.asp
JetFlash Online Recovery is advanced new software specifically developed for Transcend’s JetFlash USB flash drives. It repairs your flash drives immediately through simple and user friendly interface. With such effective, safe and reliable solution, it can save your precious time and money bringing your product for traditional RMA service. Wherever you travel, Transcend JetFlash Online Recovery services you 24/7 on the internet.
* Hardware Requirements : USB port (supports USB2.0),Internet connection * System Requirements : Windows® XP SP2/ 2000 SP4 (Administrator rights required)
- Connect your JetFlash USB to Computer with internet Connection
- Select the capacity of your USB Drive.
- The tool checks your USB and connects to the internet.If you had selected a wrong capacity in the previous step,then you will get an error here.
- Choose Repair drive & erase all data and click on Start.The other option Repair drive & keep existing data does not fix all problems.
- Your USB drive will be formatted.This formatting is different from the Format option available in Windows as this tool uses the Alcor Mass Production Tool to format your USB Drive.In this process the Alcor Chip in your USB Drive is reconfigured.This process may take some time.
- When the format is complete, please press “Exit,” then unplug the your USB Drive and plug it back in to your computer.
Note:This tool creates a Temporary folder at %temp%RarSFX0OnLineRecovery.Here you can find the tools that were actually used to format and repair your USB Drive.
Update: For those are unable to repair their Flash Drive, the tools available at http://tagievara.narod.ru/pages/programs/flash/alcor.html maybe useful.(The webpage is in Russian.You can use Google translate to navigate through the webpage)
This webpage contains a huge number tools related to USB Drives with the Alcor Microcontroller. You can scroll down in the link and try your luck with other recovery tools for Alcor. It also contains all the versions of JetFlash Online Recovery Tool.